Like any other entrepreneur, you are also quite ambitious about your work and want to increase ...
1.1 Association refers to : Iranian Canadian Builders ‘ Association (ICBA).
2.1 The Iranian Canadian Builders Association ‘IC Builders’ is a non-political, non-profit, and non-religious organization which serves Iranian Canadian Builders in Canada. The objective of this association shall be:
- To promote the professional and social interests of its members
- To facilitate Iranian Builders to adaptation of their new environment.
- To introduce Iranian Building history/Architecture.
- To establish and promote relationship with other technical professional organizations in Canada.
There shall be two types of membership in the Association, regular membership, and honorary membership.
3.1 Regular membership
A person shall be a ‘regular member’ when she/he pays membership dues and satisfies at least one of the following criteria:
- She/he is a registered or licensed professional Builder in any province or territory of Canada.
- b) She/he has at least two years of building experience in Canada.
- c) She/he must have completed a minimum of one building project in Canada.
- d) She/he has been referred to by one of the members and approved by the Board of Directors.
A regular member shall be entitled to vote for the election of delegates of the General Assembly and eligible to hold seats on the Board of Directors of the Association.
3-2 Honorary Membership
A person shall be honorary member when she/he has made a significant contribution towards achieving the objectives of the Association, and has been approved by the Board of Directors.
3-3 The term of membership shall be from Jan 1st of each year to Dec 30th of the following year.
4-1 General Assembly shall be the highest decision making authority of the association.
4-2 General Assembly is held at least once a year in the last week of May to elect the Board of Directors and approve the annual budget.
4-3 General Assembly shall be the sole authority to decide the following:
- To elect the Board of Directors
- to approve or change the charter of the Association with a quorum of more than 2/3 of the present members in the meeting.
- To approve the annual report and financial statement.
- To elect or appoint an auditor.
4-4 General Assembly may be held more than once a year when:
- The Board of Directors shall call a Meeting on its initiative .
- The Board of Directors shall convene a meeting within forty-five (45) days of being called to do so by notice in writing signed by at least twenty-five (25) percent of its regular members, except that more than ninety (90) days shall elapse between two meetings of General Assembly .
4-5 At any General Assembly Meeting a quorum shall consist of city percent (50%) of regular members. Plus one (1). If the requisite quorum is not present a second meeting shall be held except that more than fifteen (15) days shall elapse between two meetings. A quorum is not required for the second meeting.
4-6 To be eligible to vote at General Assembly Meeting, a minimum of three (3) month of regular membership shall be required.
4-7 Notice of General Assembly stating the agenda of the Meeting shall be sent to each member at least one month before the date of the Meeting.
4-8 To approve the decisions of the general assembly with a quorum of 50% of the present members plus one.
5- BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Board of Directors shall be the second highest decision making authority after General Assembly. Board of Directors shall manage all the affairs of the Association. Except for the four (4) subjects stated in section 4-3. Board of Directors shall have authority to make decision on all the matters.
5-1 Board of Directors shall be elected by anonymous vote of regular members in General Assembly Meeting.
5-2 A regular member with a minimum of one year membership shall be eligible to be elected to the Board of Directors.
5-3 All directors shall be elected to a two (2) year term, and shall not be elected more than two (2) terms.
5-4 The Board of Directors shall consist of seven (7) main members as follows :
- Professional & Value Engineering Committee
- Registration & Membership Committee
- Social & Relationship Committee
5-5 The above Seven (7) directors shall be elected the Board of Directors from among their numbers at the first meeting of the Board after General Assembly Meeting.
5-6 Member of Board of Directors who have been ranked 8th to 11th at General Assembly Meeting shall be “ substitute Members” . Each substitute director shall be a member of the Professional & Value Engineering, the Registration & Membership and Social & Relationship Committees.
5-7 Board of Directors meeting is held at least once a month. All directors may attend the meeting. Substitute members shall attend the meeting as consultants.
5-8 A quorum shall consist of five (5) directors.
5-9 In the absence of any one of the main directors, Her/his duties may be exercised by a substitute member with the highest ranking among the substitute directors.
5-10 All decisions shall be approved by the majority in the attendance.
5-11 In the absence of on of the Board members from three (3) consecutive Board meetings of their registration, She/he may be replaced by a substitute director with the highest ranking by votes of cast at the General Assembly. If three (3) members of the Board are sent from three (3) consecutive Board meeting or resign, the remaining directors shall call an election.
5-12 If a director declares a conflict of interest.
5-13 All services provided by the Board of Directors shall be on a voluntary basis with no financial compensation.
5-14 Board of Directors shall continue with their duties until the new Board of Directors is elected.
5-15 Board of Directors may publish the names and educational background of its members once a year.
6-1 In order to accomplish the objectives and task assigned by the Association Board of Directors shall appoint the following committees :
- The Financial & Legal committee
- Professional & Value Engineering Committee
- The Registration & Membership Committee
- The social & Relationship Committee
- The Website Committee
- Arbitration Committee
6-2 The head of each committee shall be elected among the members of Board of Directors. Each committee may recruit volunteers.
6-3 An officer shall be the head of the Financial & Legal Committee. The secretary must be a member of this committee.
6-4 Vice-Chair shall be the head of the Website committee. Two (2) other main Board directors shall be the member of the committee.
6-5 In order to accomplish the objectives of the Association, the Board may appoint other committees.
- Coordinating relations between the committees and members of the Board of Directors.
- Chairing the Board of Directors meetings.
- Helping all committees and making sure everything is moving as planned
- Communicating with corporations, local and federal government.
- Preparing sponsorship packages and approaching corporations for sponsoring IC Builders.
- Collecting members feedbacks and proposing action.
- Entertain motions but not make motion.
- Vote only where that vote will change the outcome of a motion.
- Acting as a chair in his absence.
- Preparing newsletters.
- Preparing promotional materials & brochures.
- Preparing and procuring all printings such as tickets for events, written materials, etc.
- Communicating with medias.
- Preparing and designing websites
- Drafting and circulating minutes of meetings.
- Preparing and sending broadcast emails to members about event and news
- Maintaining website
- Responding to general emails sent to ICBuilders or forwarding emails to the responsible member(s) for action.
- Attending to the voice messages or giving the specific voice messages to the responsible member (s) for action
- Helping the general correspondence
- Handling all legal, financial and accounting issues
- Preparing all annual and monthly financial reports and statements.
- Sending draft of financial report one month ahead of annual general meeting
- Handling all organization’s registration issues
- Coordinating and tracking sale of tickets
HEAD OF PROFESSIONAL & VALUE ENGINEERING
- Introducing speakers for the monthly gatherings
- Promoting and contributing to the technical and professional events held by ICBuilders
- Organizing events related to new technologies including short courses and workshops for professional development.
- Arranging technical tours of members
- Establishing and extending relationship with professional associations and individuals- TARION
- Recognizing and promoting Iranian Scientists and Artists related to the building
- Supporting and participating in the technical and professional events outside ICBuilders
HEAD OF REGISTRATION & MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE
- Promoting & marketing ICBuilders in Iranian Communities
- Setting a target figure for the number of new members for each year and preparing a plan for teaching the goal
- Issuing and distributing membership cards to new members
- Contracting existing members for membership renewal
- Ensuring the update of membership database
HEAD OF SOCIAL & COMMITTEE RELATIONSHIPS
- Organizing general events
- Organizing special social events and gatherings
- Planning and organizing events like ones for New Corners, Networking
- Establishing and extending relationship with businesses
- Providing and updating the list of discounted business services to members
- Organizing and promoting fund raisings
- Organize monthly gathering